INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOMATOES
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil (Chiffonade)
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar 1 tsp.
- kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
FOR THE BREAD
- large baguette, sliced ¼” thick on the bias
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
Putting it together!
Add the Tomato s ingredients a bowl, and let sit while the bread is in the oven. This will marinade the ingredients a bit.
Place the cut bread on a cooking sheet with tin foil oil one side and spread rub the garlic into the oiled side of each piece. Put in the oven on bake/broil at 325 for 5-7 minutes until toaster.
Add the tomato mixture on top of the oiled/garlic side and put back in the oven for 2-3 minutes to toast and warm the Bruschetta.
Kick it up a notch!
Add some red chili pep, jalapenos, or better yet Serrano Peppers