A Middle Eastern Meatball! As a lover of the Italian Meatballs, (my preferred cheat food), I wholeheartedly consume these for lunch in a wrap or pita, (Josephs), in pasta as a meatball, or just on their own!
This recipe was is a modification of the recipe I found at: https://nutritionrefined.com/air-fried-falafel/ The Nutrition Refined Blog
- 2 cups dried chickpeas measured after being soaked*
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I use 4)
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chickpea flour
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (I use 1 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt (I use 1/2 tsp.)
The Night Before ->
Make sure soak your garbanzo beans (chic peas). You do not cook them, just add the chick peas to the bowl and add water about an inch over the beans. After sitting in water overnight the quantity will be more than two cups if you add two cups of dried, but only put about 2 cups of chic peas into the food processor after soaking. You may freeze the rest, or use them in another dish, like humus.
The Next Day ->
Add all the ingredients into a food processor, after washing, draining and drying the peas. Use the pulse feature to get all the ingredients chopped. Knock down the mix and pulse again. Repeat until all the ingredients are well mixed but not smooth like a humus. The end product should be source but finely.
Making the Felafel ->
- Preheat Air fryer 5 minutes
- Make 1 inch ball from felafel mixture (only make what you will eat and store the rest in a covered container in the fridge)
- Cook in Air fryer on 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes depending on your air fryer